Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Gold Crackle

On with the sparkle and glitter and everything important in life! It's so weird how I'm really into nail polish lately. Like, I've always loved it, but not in a way that I make special trips to Target, CVS, Ulta, or the Chanel counter at Nordstrom just to stock up on polishes and see what's new or hot. :(

Oh well! I'm not complaining, my mom's not complaining, so neither should you! I could be spending my money on crack but I'm spending it on something more meaningful instead. <3

Anyway, with this look I kinda wanted to imitate a really good Christmas ornament like the one shown here:


And since I didn't have extra beads laying around I figured, I will mix the shit up that I have already and make something beautiful! Woot. Woot! 

I decided to use this really pretty French color by Rimmel because the top coat I used didn't have a lot of pigment, just a lot of pearl finish hence I needed a base color. :) All I needed was 3 coats of the Rimmel to achieve that white color! You can see on the final pic that you can't really even see the pearly color, but in person it's a really pretty detail! And just because the person whose hand you're shaking can't see the pearl doesn't mean that it's not there! And if you're shaking their hand, they are OBVIOUSLY not hugging/kissing on the cheek material therefore they aren't important. 

So there. 

**DAISO Japan Diamond Nail Enamel Winmax (Sorry, but DAISO doesn't do online shopping and so far the only shops that exist in the US are all on the West Coast. You know, where all the Asians live.<< I'm allowed to say that because I am one. HA! )
**OPI Gold Crackle

Step 1: Base Color
Step 2: Shimmer Top Coat
Pretty enough to wear on its own even! :)
Step 3: Crackle Top Coat
Finished Product!

No comments:

Post a Comment